Why are the WH and all Conservatives saying all Liberals want is to spend spend spend? Because for a very Long Time The WH and all Conservatives have never been Fiscally Responsible. There is a plan, from many Liberal Groups, to cut spending and responsibly increase revenue. Neither Obama not the Conservatives want to hear about it simply because it doesn't fit in withe their spending habits. Here is the plan that some Liberals Endorse:
1) End Rendundant and Useless Agencies. For Example: End all funding for the ATF, DEA, DHS, ICE, NSA, Foreign Aid Programs (these are nothing more than bribes), and many others.
2) Removal of the cap on Social Security Funding, while at the same time do some means testing based upon the abilities of people to pay for themselves.
3) End all the wars immediately (having a rapid yet responsible complete withdrawal from all the "Hot Spots")
4) End the War on Drugs with a blanket pardon for all Drug Offenders. (Taxation without Representation)
5) Legalize and Tax Hemp and Marijuana. (Creating an estimated $800 Billion in new Revenue a year)
6) Repeal the Patriot Act (saving money by not having the Unconstitutional Mandates within the Unconstitutional Law)
7) Nationalize Health Care (Not Public Option but total Nationalization) for every Citizen (thereby saving an estimated $800 Billion a Year and adding an estimated $300 Billion a year in new revenue, and futher saving Medicare/Medicaid)
8) Nationalize the Federal Reserve (thereby eliminating trillions of dollars in debt)
9) Allow the Markets to Reset (including the Housing market)
10) Allow the Obama Tax Rates to sunset, or increase in general.
11) Quit outsourcing Infrastructure
12) Quit contracting Military Operations
13) Cut military Funding by half or more (the US spends more on the Military than any other country by up to 12 times more)
14) Create Infrastructure Jobs to include a total upgrade in Internet Speeds to be viable as a World Leader even in that.
This is what Fiscal Responsibility looks like. There is a difference between being Fiscally Conservative and being Fiscally Responsible. By eliminating trillions of dollars, and using it to pay down the Conservative Debt, the US will have a surplus most likely by 2017.
If people didn't notice, nothing was discussed by this Conservative White House and Conservatives in Congress about cutting any Security Programs other than Military Programs. This is because Conservativism doesn't allow for any cuts in security spending, only increases. The US doesn't need many of these programs, for example the ATF (Remember Ruby Ridge and Waco). To be Fiscally Responsible, you must be willing to put everything on the table. Conservative Politics won't allow for this. Liberalism will allow for this, however.
Anyway, I just thought I would put that out there because not even the CBO is willing to look into this (this was submitted to the CBO who refused to grade it pretty non-partisan of them huh?)